Drug Science is recruiting a Project Director to join our newly established Project Twenty21 team. We are seeking an exceptional candidate who can grow with us during this time of acceleration. This role will reward an individual who is innovative and willing to expand their skills. This project is the largest of its kind in Europe. To implement such a project, we require a Project Director who will be able to provide oversight with great clarity and aforethought.
Drug Science – has seen tremendous growth in the past year and as such we have positioned ourselves amongst the primary movers of medical cannabis rollout in the UK. Drug Science and our Scientific Committee members are currently leading revolutionary developments in medicinal cannabis and psychedelic therapy in the UK, as well as representing some of the most internationally respected voices in these and related fields. In joining Drug Science, you will work alongside our incredible Scientific Committee, world experts in drug research and policy. You will join a dedicated community of academics, clinicians, practitioners, individuals with lived experience and members of the general public working together towards our vision – to see a world where drug policy is rational and evidence-based; where drug use is better informed and drug users are understood; where drugs are used to heal not harm.
Project Twenty21 – is a national medical cannabis real-world registry, aiming to enrol up to 20,000 patients by the end of 2021, creating the largest body of evidence for the effectiveness and tolerability of medical cannabis. It aims to demonstrate to policymakers that medical cannabis should be widely available and affordable, alongside other approved medicines, for patients who would benefit from them. The Drug Science goal is ultimately to accelerate access for patients who may benefit from medical cannabis.
As the Project Director, you will be expected to collaborate with the Drug Science team and all external stakeholders to successfully manage and deliver the project. The project has already begun; however, the role would cover the whole project lifecycle.
- We are looking for a talented strategist to oversee all aspects of delivery for Project Twenty21.
- The successful candidate will thrive off the responsibility of defining a clear project design and delivering this project with robust and scientifically coherent methods.
- The project would benefit from a candidate who is confident at building strong relationships with stakeholders and other teams using excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- The role will be expected to build on new business with clients, including NHS organisations and private sector clients within the UK and internationally.
- A candidates’ knowledge and understanding of medicinal cannabis is not vital, however, a strong background in this area would be beneficial.
The role will be conducted remotely. However, routine visits to London will be necessary.
Additionally, we take our social responsibility seriously. By joining the Drug Science team you will be doing so with the knowledge that we are independent of government and corporate persuasion.
If you are as excited about this as we are, we want to meet you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV no later than the closing date of 4 March 2020.
For more information relating to the responsibilities, specification and details of the role, please see the full job description here.