Drug Science are seeking study participants for a feasibility study of a cannabis-based medicinal product for the treatment of Long COVID symptoms.
What’s the purpose of the study?
This study aims to test a high cannabidiol (CBD) containing medical cannabis oil to see if it can improve the symptoms of Long COVID.
Who can take part?
- Males and females aged over 18.
- You must live in the York or North Yorkshire region
- You must have a clinical diagnosis of Long COVID given to you by a doctor
- You will need to have access to internet and a smartphone, as well as be able to attend all the clinical appointments.
Please visit here for full criteria: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04997395
If you have any questions about eligibility, then please discuss this with the team who will be able to help.
What does it involve?
The study takes place over a 6-month period.
- You will be asked to come to the clinic or have a video/telephone appointment to see the doctor or nurse every month.
- The medical cannabis oil will be taken orally twice a day and your dose will be decided and monitored by the doctor.
- Each month questionnaires will be completed using an app on your smartphone. For seven days each month we will ask you to grade your key symptoms using the same app.
- You will be given a Fitbit watch to wear.
Favourable opinion received from Yorkshire and the Humber – Sheffield & approval received from the Health Research Authority (HRA) and Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). This clinical trial is sponsored by Bod who will also be providing the MediCabilis Cannabis sativa 50 used in the study. We are working together with Alta Flora who have designed a smartphone app that will be used for the assessment of outcome measures and daily symptoms.